Spring has sprung and it’s time to think about the garden!
On April 17th, we started over 120 varieties of vegetables, herbs and flowers.. We will do 4 plantings like this, so that we have seedlings to replant all through the season.
We are offering our Community Garden Rent A Garden Space once again this year. If you don’t have a place to grow your own foods, you can rent an Organic Garden Space at No View Farm
Rent An Organic Garden Space at No View Farm 2019
Get Your ORGANIC Garden Space Today! Help us build a food forest. Raised bed and In Ground beds available.
To arrange rental of your organic garden space call (207)507-1510 for appointment at the farm or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What your garden includes: IN Ground Beds – Each in ground garden patch is planned to be 32 square feet and will have a 3-foot aisle way on all sides. All spaces are $25.00 for the 2019 growing season. Growing season is May 1st to Nov 1st.
Our soil is organic sandy loam. At the beginning of the gardening season the ground will be prepared, composted and ready for you to plant. We will make arrangements with individuals for earlier plantings and late season crops. Cost includes use of garden tools, initial organic compost, and water. Proper Composting/feeding plants in your garden are part of your responsibility in renting space.
Raised beds – Beds will be a minimum of 18” height with a 3 foot aisle way on all 4 sides. Raised beds will be made of various organic materials and designs and will be 32 square feet. All spaces are $50.00 for the 2019 growing season. Growing season is May 1st to Nov 1st.
WATERING: Each week your garden space is guaranteed to receive a minimum 1 inch of water either from rainfall or supplemental irrigation. There is a hose provided if you want to water after planting or for additional watering as you see fit. Mulching is suggested to help maintain moisture. GROWING
PRACTICES: We operate with a minimum of ORGANIC chemicals added to our soil. We use biological and hand pick methods to control bugs, diseases and molds. – NO HERBICIDE, PESTICIDE, FERTILIZER APPLIED TO YOUR GARDEN SPACE WITH OUT THE EXPRESSED CONSENT FROM THE OWNER. Any products used must be Certified Organic. We recommend Living Acres products.
Suggestions: Mulching is highly recommended to help maintain moisture. Trellising is highly recommended for sprawling plants. 32 square feet of space is small and you will want to grow vertically to make the most of your space.
Other Special Features
• Freedom – Come and go as you please. You can access the gardens at any time during daylight hours.
• Access to gardening experience (by appointment only) – You will also have access to horticulturalist, Annette Marin, her years of experience and use of her extensive gardening library.
• Plant for Plants Program: We will accept some work time in exchange for plants/seedlings for your garden space. Must be prearranged, contact Annette for more information.
20% off Seedling purchases – We will give you 20% off retail on all
seedlings purchased from our nursery for your garden space.
• Discounts – You receive discounted registration fees for workshops to learn more about sustainable gardening.
• Helps us with our Permaculture plan and build a food forest – Our food forest was designed by Aimee Grimmel of Green Goddess ECOFarm using permaculture principles. $10.00 of your payment goes to organic compost for your plot, $15.00 to purchase a fruit tree or bushes for our food forest! Reserve your garden space today!
Looking for plant starts? Don’t forget about our Plant Nursery where we grow organic vegetable starts, flowers, and native plants. You will receive a 20% discount for buying plants for your garden space
Contact us at 207-507-1510 to make an appointment!